Search...

Wednesday 31 August 2011

RB And The Dress!





Ellie’s wedding day was the 7th of July 2011. 2 days later we drove to the stables in the wedding graffitied car, where she once again donned the wedding dress and collected her Horse.

Royal Blue is an Irish Draught, gorgeous dapple Grey colours, and Ellie wanted to do a photo shoot of her in her dress with him. I was privileged to do this, and we had fun at the same time, I guess I was more relaxed about these as it was a laid back situation, no time limit, unless RB said so!


We went into one of the horses fields, and had RB being held by Ellie. Trying to get good shots of animals is difficult and needs patience, and when I did get a good one of RB, Ellie was talking or facing the wrong direction, but after a while we got it, and tried doing some photographs without the harness on RB so he looked more natural and at home. We got some nice shots of him walking by her side, but in all honesty, I think he was only interested in the food we were rattling to keep him happy!

My favourite set of shots was when Ellie sat on the ground, set her dress out, and we convinced RB to stay around by using feed and letting him eat it of the dress. This worked, even though at one point RB started to eat the actual dress, despite this, the dress remained intact and we got some photos of the occasion I was happy with, and most importantly, Ellie was happy with.



I only used Monochrome for these photos, feeling it would give the images a more personalized and timeless feel about them. I did once again, have problems with lighting… it seems to be my downfall! Some images turned out too dark, and once again had to be Photoshopped brighter. This led to the photos having noise, and I had to work on a fine surface blur in order to cover up the noise without softening the focal foreground.

I’ve yet to print the photos, choosing to concentrate on Uni work first. But these images will be printed and sent on!

No comments:

Post a Comment