Search...

Wednesday 31 August 2011

Ellie And Howard Reads wedding day!!



I was so nervous. I really wanted to get some really good photos for the married couple, and didn’t put the camera down all day and all night. I took 1685 images. Sorting through them was very time consuming, and considering many of the photos turned out dark, needing a tad of Photoshop to brighten them up!

The day started the night before. Bride, Bridesmaids, mother and I had manicures and pedicures, drank champagne until late night and prepared ourselves for the next day.


Ellie was awake before the rest of us, and by the time we got downstairs she was already having her hair curled and prepared by her Aunty. I tried getting a couple of these shots but the lighting inside was difficult, so I decided to leave it until we arrived at The Matara.



Things started kicking off when we got there. The Bridesmaids got dressed and had their hair done, The bride got ready last, the flower girl came to join us, and so did the official photographer for the day. We managed to get the dress and take it to a room in the housing area. Hung the dress up on the four-poster bed and started taking what was an attempt at an iconic photograph for the occasion.



The ceremony came and went, and we all got put into the hall for lunch. Bangers and Mash! We ate while listening to saxophone, and being entertained by the same guy.



Time for the speeches, and I was lucky to be seated right in front of the main table, giving me an uninterrupted view of the Bride and Groom and the family. Unfortunately, my social anxiety got the better of me on this occasion, and I found myself unable to move from my seat in order to get different angles. I settled my nerves by remembering I wasn’t priority photographer, and that she most probably had the shot already.


The evening was difficult as everybody was on the dance floor, and nothing is really distinguishable! Yet you still get the essence of the day.



I hope Ellie and Howard will like the photos. I will be the first to admit I feel I failed in getting some iconic good ones that they would’ve liked as their professional, so for me it concludes that I’m not ready to start doing wedding photography professionally yet, until I have more of the right experience and kit with me. This is not my best work by far, but it’s defiantly a start!

No comments:

Post a Comment