Search...

Wednesday 15 September 2010

Ten Of The Best











This was a car show that Tom got asked to go cover... We traveled to york with a couple of mates. I was asked to come with so I could take some photos of cars for Polybush, I got told if I made an impact there could be a possibility of me getting commissioned work in the future, so i jumped at the chance. We went early in the morning on the Saturday, it took a good couple of hours to get there, and when we did we were slightly dissapointed, we thought it would be alot busier, turns out that the main day to go on was the Sunday, nobody told us, so we had to make do with what was there!! Still, it was pretty impressive and we had a great day out! As soon as we got back home I was on Photoshop editing the images and lifting the contrast, (on some photos maybe too much) and sent them off straight away to Hayley at Polybush. Here's some that I came out with...





The main events happening was the drag strip, a quarter mile, where people were trying their cars out on their own for the next day, or just racing with other cars that where there.


Heres a few I took from just walking around the event,







With the colour image I tried out some photoshopping, and got rid of everything distracting in the background, the blue tent is missing and a slight disturbance on the left hand side f the picture aswell, both of which you can see in the black and white picture of the same car taken at the same time! I'm currently looking at Photoshop tutorials in order to improve my editing skills!


Then there was the handling course. This was going to be tricky for the drivers as it had been raining for half an hour previous to them opening up the course.. The main car that had an impact on this run was the RX7, a rear wheel drive car which drifts nicely on wet tarmac. For these shots I used my 300mm Sigma lens, and I was stood in the stands 50 yards away from the front line.





So there's a narrowed down selection of photos sent to Polybush, I've been having ideas of contacting the event organisers and seeing of they want to use any for future promotions. We'll see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment